Friday, December 05, 2014

David Morris MP, Morecambe and Lunesdale Constituency

Yesterday we had yet another tedious questionnaire from our MP David Morris. We receive so many from his 'team' I tend to think of him and his 'team' more as a polling firm, a poor man's MORI, than as a Member of Parliament.

Consultation is one thing, but when I have asked his position on a couple of serious issues his response has been that he will wait and see what his constituents think. Now forgive me but I thought MPs were elected on what they, and increasingly their parties believed. It seems that Morris has no opinions, beliefs or principles other than to get re-elected. I can't help thinking that if he polled his constituents about the slaughter of the first born in every household and they wanted it he would probably campaign for it.

As he seems to have no beliefs I won't be voting Conservative in May next year.

1 comment:

Daz Pearce said...

I'd like to tell you that you have the worst MP in Britain but then you probably don't.

In a quirky way, I (sort of) respected the likes of Skinner, Benn et al who were sincerely wrong about just about everything, but said what they really thought.

At least you could have a decent argument with them.

Way better than someone like Morris, surely?